Primary Features and Benefits of SBM 11.2
• File and URL Fields: These new field types provide process designers broad flexibility for tracking documentation requirements when users transition items. Designers can now add file attachments or referenced URLs as required fields in a workflow. In addition, multiple files or URLs can be stored in one field to provide a grouping of documents.
• Work Center Configuration Improvements: Administrators can now configure the default dashboard layout and pin shared views and reports to the Work Center side menu for groups, teams, and individual users at a more granular level. Administrators can now define the default view or report that is displayed for each application as well.
• Auto-refresh Dashboard Widgets in Work Center: Users can choose to automatically refresh dashboard widgets on a defined interval so that data displayed on a dashboard is kept up-to-date.
• Group Import and Update from LDAP: In previous versions, administrators could import and update user information from LDAP, but groups were only added to SBM if they were found at the user-level in LDAP. In SBM 11.2, administrators can target specific groups to import or update from LDAP.
• Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in SBM: First introduced in Micro Focus SSM, SLAs are now available directly in SBM. Administrators can now configure SLAs against SBM projects to track velocity, milestones, and alert management if SLAs may be at risk.
• Orchestration Usage Statistics: Statistics about orchestrations usage have been added to help identify burst patterns or performance issues. Administrators can now view the number of times an orchestration was called, the duration of orchestrations, or the number of users that called orchestrations during a specified period of time.
• E-mail Recorder Improvements: SBM can now parse the body and header of e-mails to drive submissions or transitions. In addition, users can send inline images with rich text to add screenshots or other visual information.
• Support for Microsoft 2016 Operating Environments: This includes support for Windows Server, SQL Server, and a new SharePoint 2016 connector to SBM.
• Over 150 Customer-Reported Issues Fixed
To get full details about the latest version of Micro Focus SBM 11.2, join us for the upcoming Webinar: What's New in Micro Focus SBM 11.2 on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM PST. We look forward to talking with you then!
Accepted AnswerJimmy ScottOffline0David,
Is there documentation listing what defects were resolved with this version? The defects/fixes link from the readme file does not list them correctly. (The list at http://knowledgebase.serena.com/InfoCenter/index?page=content&cat=MASHUPS_11.2_RESOLVED&channel=DEFECTS currently displays 67 pages of open and closed defects for various applications, not just SBM)
Accepted AnswerModeratorDavid J. EasterOnline0For those that couldn't join us for the What's New Webcast, we've made a recording of it available.
I've also attached the presentation that was shared.
David Sheaffemore than a month agoHi, with the changes to the Email Recorder relating to images. With emails that have an image as part of a users signature, they are currently added as an Attachment. In 11.2 will these images just appear in the Note, but not as an Attachment as well? I wasn't too sure after viewing the webcast.
Thanks in advance.
Accepted AnswerRoger JensenOffline0Hi David,
Isn't Work Center supposed to store the last report you accessed and open that report when you open the application again? I thought you mentioned this in a webinar, but I can't find it in the documentation.
The last view you accessed will come up by default when you re-open an SBM window. In other words, if you were in an Activity View and you closed the browser, when you re-open the browser, the same Activity View would reappear. Perhaps that's what you're remembering.
Accepted AnswerDavid SheaffeOffline0Hi David,
I have mentioned this to support as part of a case I have with them in relation to SLAs I am having, but thought that I would let you know that the schema document for 11.2 that is on help.serena.com doesn't include details in relation to the "SLA" tables.
Accepted AnswerLuis RosadoOffline0Hello David.
Could it be possible to get an updated SBM Architecture Diagram for SBM 11.2?
I have found the following article:
but this diagram includes, for example, a Jboss which is no longer deployed with SBM
Thank you very much in advance.
Accepted AnswerLuis RosadoOffline
Accepted AnswerJimmy ScottOffline0Is there an release calendar to display estimated updates to SBM for the upcoming versions?
There is not a formal release calendar for upcoming versions, no - but we do follow a relatively consistent release train with new versions being released in Q2 and Q4 of each calendar year. So the next feature release is expected in Q2'17. The one after in Q4'17. The one after that in Q2'18, etc.
Accepted AnswerEmma HodgsonOffline0
Are you asking for a list of defects fixed in the SBM 11.2 release? The link to the knowledge base is mentioned in the release notes - as they are every release. Here's a direct link:
Accepted AnswerDavid CyrylOffline