We know you love using Micro Focus products, so now’s your chance to tell us about it. The ‘Why I Love This Product Essay Contest’ is a chance for you to tell us how Micro Focus products make your life—and your users’ lives—easier. Whether you’re using ZENworks to manage your endpoint devices or Silk to accelerate the delivery of your applications, we want to hear how much you love Micro Focus products. Plus, by entering the contest, you’ll receive a free Micro Focus Community t-shirt.
To participate in the contest, simply send your finished essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line that includes the title of your essay as well as the solution group your product falls under. For example: Why Visual COBOL Rocks my World—COBOL Development All entries must be submitted by 10 July 2017 to be eligible.
- Minimum length: 250 words
- Essays should describe why you love Micro Focus products from a technical aspect and how they have helped your business as well as your users
- Entries must be about a product that you have used or are currently using
- Entries will be judged by a panel of product marketers and 3 winners will be chosen for each solution group. Winning essays will be chosen based on the quality of the submission as determined by the judges(s).
- For each Solution group, the First-place winner will receive an Amazon gift card worth $350, Second-place winner will receive an Amazon gift card worth $200, and Third-place winner will receive an Amazon gift card worth $100. (Available in different geos.)
- Winning entries will be published on the Micro Focus community site as well as the Micro Focus blog*
- Entries must be the original work of the submitter. Plagiarized work will be immediately disqualified.
- Screenshots, images, and videos are encouraged
- All entries not selected as winners are still eligible for publication on the Micro Focus Community and the Micro Focus blog (pending the technical review process). Once the contest has concluded, eligible pieces may still be used for community posts and the author will receive Community Rewards points for their work.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to these rules, and that all decisions made by Micro Focus regarding the contest shall be final.
- All taxes associated with receipt or use of award are the sole responsibility of the winner. Micro Focus reserves the right to withhold any taxes if required by applicable law.
By participating in the contest, each participant grants to Micro Focus (including its corporate affiliates and licensees) a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce, distribute, use, exploit, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform the contents of the participant’s essay (including graphics, sound effects, video, audio, animation, screen shots, text, other creative output, and ideas for new or improved products or services) or other content submitted in connection with the contest.
Participants will be given the opportunity to select which of their and their companies’ information may be shared by Micro Focus in promotional activities. Participant consents to Micro Focus’ (including its corporate affiliates and licensees) use of his or her name (unless the winner requests that his or her name not be used) in perpetuity throughout the world in any media for all business purposes including advertising and promotional activities, without additional compensation, notice or approval, unless prohibited by law.